Thursday, August 19, 2010

Untitled 18



One day I discovered the reason
why life felt so out of season
and the wind touches like
a long lost friend
that I took for granted
and now I miss it again

Everyday we say
we'll make it through
but before I agree
I had to say a thing or two
about why are we doing this for
nobody's ever satisfied anymore
going through all this pain
just for a bit of gain
over one another; it's insane
primitive, unnecessary, mundane

Which is why I chose
to live a simple life
break bread, earn my wages
pay the bills, make love to my wife
because deep down all the things
the world has to offer
felt rubbish, artificial
wasteful, breaks the day after

For all material things
are meant to break down
like everything else
it wasn't meant to stay sound
for all eternity
even though it escapes me
how people love to reason
without even grasping infinity
Do you clowns even know what it means
how dare you offer something you can't give
how you lure the hopeless, the sick,
the fragile, those in need

Isn't everyday enough to be thankful
that we are alive and kicking
breathing and eating a mouthful
of the work we offered
to those that trust us
why do we seek ever more
and never settle with what they pay us

Even though I know
we are always worth more
but life does not revolve
around me; you see, we're lucky
for there isn't always an open door
it's not always like this
not so in other places in the world
something we should all be glad for

And all that really matters
at the end of the day
is your family and friends
and to whomever we care to pray
It was proven that we are too small
compared to the rest of existence
that thought gives me strength
nothing ever felt better than insignificance
And just to understand
how this world really behaves
and what useless part we play
against all the particles and waves

So please don't fret
we're all in this together
together we stand, together we fall
together we go deep, together we stand tall
No matter how much we earn
No matter how much we lost
No matter how much we hope
we all came from the same cosmic dust

And it's been going on forever
may repeat itself, may stop never
but then we don't really care
as long as we can find meaning
for our lot and our destiny
that we ourselves fulfill
so it seems if we dare
to make sense of it all
we just can't hold still
It's a toil taxing and draining
we may end up with wasted effort
or it could all just be meaningless
or it could also be profound and sound
and a suitable an explanation
we can find at the end
as long as there is inspiration, motivation
as long as we push ourselves
as long we don't pretend

So the next time I see
someone staring at me
I know in my heart, it was I
who was staring back at me
and that I'm meeting God
the first and the last time
and all I can offer in exchange
is thanks in my heart and a warm smile
it's all worthwhile
to make love to yourself
it's not masturbation
nor vanity nor selfishness
better than altercation
and all the wars that's so useless

You owe it to the world
to be a person of peace
for in the symphony of life
we all play the same piece

No comments:

Post a Comment