Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Untitled 16



Delicate as a flower
steady as an archer
beautiful as a rainbow
heavy as one's sorrow

Delinquent as a tempest
seductive as a matron
perverse as a hidden desire
ruthless as a thunderstorm

Delirious as an orphan
hopeless as a captive
fierce as a roaring lion
gentle as a breeze

I saw you sing that day
everything in you is deliberate
and your memory held sway
with what decency sought to eradicate
stepping back to meditate
trying my best to mediate
over an infinite idealistic debate
of what an ambitious mind sought to create

I saw you stand that day
head held up high
arms reaching for the sky
hands pretending to fly
and being with the crowd
you didn't see me at all
which is great enough
for somebody on the other side
of an infinite and invisible wall

I saw you come to life
alive as the sun
engulfing as the sea
mesmerizing as the night
until you came to me
with all your beauty
war torn and lust heavy

With that I began to see
ever so clearly
hopes shattered
illusion broken
sanity reinstated
and then it happened
coming back to my senses
lunacy vanquished by reality
the arrow of truth
popping the dream chute
I realized I was all alone
just as it is when I was born

No comments:

Post a Comment