Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Untitled 11


Robots falling from the sky
torches lifted up high
Prayers cited to the one above
speaking of distress and hurt
reminders of promises of love

Robots ascending into town
we need the village clown
For we have but minutes
to escape our realities with day dreams
to think of that far pretty place
with roses and girls and sunbeams

Robots firing in an efficient rate
we have made our fast as of late
read the holy book and broke bread
reminded our children to go to bed
Hope and dread in flashing lights
Pain, suffering on poisonous brew
anything that can deliver us will do
a hero, an angel, a soldier too
whoever we can put our faith to
doesn't matter, that I knew
As long as we are breathing
do we keep on praying
do we keep on dreaming
and hoping and weeping
just to end the screaming and gnashing
of teeth and bones
over steel and stones

Robots capturing survivors for study
somehow I remember my family
and friends and neighbors
we used to smile together
trade food and clothing
help each other
compete with each other
share with each other
Now just body bags
scattered all over
I can almost hear their
sighs of relief
being dead and cold
free from further grief
while I am here
awaiting my captor
hurting and breathing
in pain and stupor

Robots bringing specimens
to the lab table
they spread the body
made sure it's observable
healthy people like me
improving their knowledge
sane people like me
an object of study

Robot placing subject on wheel
to run without end
taking notes, making amends
Robot closing lights and machines
says will continue tomorrow
then I saw him, too, is in chains
just making most of life borrowed

2 comments: