Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Untitled 3


I dip my eyes in darkness
and heaven understood it to be reprisal
My soul stared blankly into nothingness
and the gods forbade my inquiry
I assumed the bard's role to tell tales
and the overlord deemed it all unnecessary
My spirit long to rekindle the passion of creation
yet the spirits of the land sensed fatality in my actions

Do we as mortals get to choose what we see
and what we hear, and what we know
Or do we just play into the hands of some
invisible weaver arranging strands in the snow
Do we of feeble minds realize what we are here for
Or do we just just walk our lives in clueless stupor

I wrote my story in a parchment with blood
and the grand chronicler excluded it from the annals of history
I strove to win just to be able to write my own story
and the arbiter of wisdom saw it as an insanity
I yelled on top of my lungs that my fate be changed
Lo and behold - it did; out of the fine excuse for civility

No comments:

Post a Comment