Thursday, September 16, 2010

Untitled 25


Here alone sipping my coffee
and instant noodles from granny goose
the wind tried to slip my me
running out of breath made me lose
my temper over cold water
ice cubes meant for the summer
a recommended dose of pain killer
enough to put me through dinner

It's been quiet in this part of town
beside the bay where fishermen spend their day
listening to the babble of a religious clown
over radio, forcing me to pray
as I wait for the storm to start
for the birds stopped their chirping
and cockroaches all over the place
putting its tight grip over my heart

It was darker than it used to be
mist everywhere I can barely see
couple of days running without electricity
drained but all of the charged batteries
and my coffee started getting cold
annoyed by the cup I refuse to hold
the wind reminded me of tomorrow's work
while salsa began to drip from my fork

Still I felt good being with myself
and accomplishing life without any outside help
for they say a man is meant to be with society
sounded meaningless when all that is left is me
and the thought of having nobody around
at least for a day is a beautiful sound
as I spill cold coffee on the ground
while mocking the wind for the peace I found

No comments:

Post a Comment